November 12, 2010

It's a Banner Day

Hi Papertrey friends. It's time for another Design Team Group Post using a much anticipated grouping of products....the Banner Builder stamp set and coordinating dies. For my project I chose to use a sports theme to create some fun door decor for my sporty reds.

Using images from Piney's All Star Team, All Star Team Additions, and Have a Ball stamp sets, I created lots of die cut looking shapes. By embossing all of the images with black embossing powder the cut out images resemble items you'd pick up at your local scrapbook shop. Love. The notch tipped banners are from the new Banner Builder stamp set, along with the pinking shear looking banner topper. And check out those basketballs...they are punched from some textured basketball paper I picked up at my local scrapbook store.
For my banners for the girls I used the large set of notched banner dies. There are two nesting dies which make layering a breeze. I added black stitching to the banners with my sewing machine.
Note: You'll see many of the banner toppers facing downward on the banner. I wanted my toppers to face up so I took a scrap of cardstock and adhered 1/2" Scor-Tape....peeled the backing off.....then added 1/2 of the topper and 1/2 of the top of the banner to the adhesive strip. Makes for a really tight hold. 
To create my banners I simply added all of my embellishments to the banner dies using pop dots. You can really zoom in and see how cool the black embossing looks.
I made two similar banners, one for each of the girls.
I found these great basketball pieces at my local scrapbook store. I thought they would make for some great door decor and a nice backdrop for the banner pieces. Jordan was kind enough to let me use some old shoe laces from a smaller pair of basket ball shoes. These were used to hang the banners over their doors.

Here's a shot of Jordan's door decor. The girls loved them....especially since they usually don't get to tape stuff to their doors or walls.
I also made some cards for the girls using more of the same supplies listed above.
For the background paper I used Pine's Halloween Prints. The black and white stars were perfect since our school colors are black and white. I also used some Cork Paper to place all the miniature banner elements on. I think it resembles a bulletin board that you stick sports pennants to. As a personal touch I added the girl's jersey numbers to some punched circles. The numbers are included in the Banner Builder stamp set.
On the inside of the cards I used lots of quotes from the All Star sets. I thought it would be for Eric and I to add some encouraging comments on each game day. The girls really loved these cards!!
I can't wait to use my Banner Builder accessories more. In the meantime check out the other PTI designer blogs for more banner inspiration:

20 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Mishie...you are so darned good! I love this project...both of them. You pull off crafty sports like nobody's business :)
Melis

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

I'm pretty much blown away right now by your banner projects! How fun that it is sporty and could be masculine too. I enjoy your blog so much and feel inspired every time I visit. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Super cool and clever! Great way to show how totally versatile the banner set can be. Wow!
April C.

nancy said...

Fabulous post, Mish. Heather should have dedicated the All Star sets to you (and your daughters). You work them better than anyone else!

Haley D. said...

Very cool projects! It's no wonder they love them!

Carol (HB) said...

WOW! I'm speachless (and you know that's hard to do!). Totally amazing project Mish!

Renee said...

What an incredible project!! This is inspiration for anyone whose children, grandchildren, etc. who play and enjoy sports, to give encouragement, support. LOVE IT!! An amazing, amazing job!

Jessie said...

What a great way to use the banner set!! I have learned something different from all of the talented Women of PTI and can not wait to get this set home to use it!! Your sporty banner idea is soo cool!! Thank you for sharing!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

these are GREAT!! Having boys that are heavy in to sports these projects are just the ticket! Love all your little details! FAB work

♥Wendi said...

What an awesome use of these new products. My favorite of all! I love the inspiration because I feel I could use it for both my son and daughter. He plays football and baseball and she is a soccer girl. Thanks for inspiring me! You given me some great ideas for my kids!

jan metcalf said...

The kids love the hoopla around their activities! Great job!

Steph Zerbe said...

OMGosh Mish, the banners are so awesome! Love the stitching and the embossing! You are so inspiring right now! I have to have this stuff and the stamp set!!

StephH said...

Mish, your take on the banner release is so unique! Love the sports themed projects. My wish list of past stamp releases is growing with this banner release - now adding Pine's sports sets to me list.

Stephanie said...

I love what you did with these!

Noreen said...

Very clever and unique! Love the laces!

Kathy V. said...

Holy cow! Are these cute or what? What lucky girls those lil' reds are.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Such a unique and different view on using this new set. Fabulous!

Jenn Copeland said...

How excited your girls must be!! These are soooo cool! You rock Mish!

Unknown said...

My kids are competitive swimmers. Your banners are inspiring me to make some for them. They would LOVE to have one of these before a meet (even draped on the hotel room door) cheering them on. (I say as I sit, hiding in a closet, trying not to wake the rest of my family with the sounds of my pecking and lights from my laptop, before our last day of a big meet. Can't wait to get home tonight and create!!!!) TFS and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love these. You are so creative. Wow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails