November 19, 2011

December Notebooks

Popping in today with a December notebook. Aside from using my regular calendar to document my December Daily happenings, I thought maybe a notebook might be nice too. My family really loves to look back on the December albums I have sitting out in a basket so I want to make this one just as special.
I'll be using this December notebook to keep track of photos I've taken, events I want to capture during the holiday season, funny little things that the girls say, etc. I'm sure I'll keep it handy with me everywhere I go. I've got a few of the kits in the shop today....with every December notebook order, I'm including a fun sampling of a few of my NOEL Notions items. :)
I used papers from the Crate Paper Peppermint collection that coordinates with the Holiday Journal I featured in my Etsy shop earlier. I also my stamp set from Papertrey called Take Note along with 2 lined, white notebooks, a large white Vintage Button and red and white baker's twine. The base of the notebook is Kraft cardstock that has been splattered with Studio Calico white mist. On the cardstock circles, I typed *December* using my vintage typewriter. List of stamped words is from Ali Edwards' Technique Tuesday stamp set. I hand notched the 2 patterned paper flags and corner rounded the stamped sentiment using my Corner Chomper.
Here are directions for how to assemble the kit if you purchased one from my Etsy shop....or perhaps you want to create one from your own stash of holiday themed goodies.

Notebook Assembly Instructions:
1. Trim 1/2 sheet of Kraft cardstock slightly longer than the notebook. (maybe 8-1/16").
2. Place 2 notebooks together and lay on cardstock. Use your fingernail or pencil to mark the score lines for the notebook spine. Note: I don't provide measurements for this because I like to hand mark the lines. Score and fold the lines, trimming off any excess you don't want.
3. Use Scor-Tape to adhere notebooks to the inside of the Kraft cover.
4. Use Scor-Tape or strong adhesive to adhere corner rounded, stamped piece and candy cane strip to notebook front.
5. Using scissors, cut notches in the 2 green strips of patterned paper. Trim to desired length and adhere to notebook front as shown in photo.
6. Trim notes and scalloped pieces to match the width of the notebook front. Stitch notes piece with sewing machine if desired. The piece in the kit is not stitched. Note: An alternative would be to paper pierce two lines if you're not into stitching.
7. Adhere stamped December circle to notebook front. Adhere notes and scalloped piece to notebook front.
8. Tie bow in button with baker's twine, leaving long tails. Adhere to notebook front using Scor-Tape or strong adhesive.

Hope you're getting ready for the holiday. I'm looking forward to a relaxing holiday.....and believe it or not...snow!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the notebooks you do! And I love using those bic markers, my favorite! Do you have any plans of putting together (and showing us) New Years Resolutions journals? -Jennifer

Tonje said...

I love it! It is really inspirational to visit your blog, you have so many great ideas and things to share. Thank you!

Diana F. said...

I just love your notebooks!! You always challenge me to look at these notebooks in different ways in terms of prints/patterns and stamping. I was immediately inspired to sit down and make one similar and really enjoyed looking at past links to your other notebooks, you always keep me so inspired....thank you for that.

Dana F. said...

Oh, these look so cool! Thanks for the inspiration, Mish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails