June 23, 2012

Project Life Week 20, 2012...using #'s, photo collages, & small sacks

Back today with Week 20 of my Project Life 2012. This week I'm focusing on using mainly one paper line from My Mind's Eye, using printed photo collages, and using small sacks from my shop to hold extra journaling.

Here's my 2 page spread. I'll be coming back to this week later on to add in some inserts for Jordan's graduation festivities and the last week of school.
The left page.
The right page.
I had just received a new batch of My Mind's Eye goodies from 2Peas so I decided to use mostly those papers, twine and embellishments on this week's spread. It's so easy to coordinate everything when you just reach for a few items that you know will mix and match easily.

Here, the girls had an orthodontist appointment. The x-rays were taken to see how straight the girls' teeth and roots are at this point. Looking good to have the braces off by early Fall.
Here I used an app on my Iphone called Pic Collage that Josey installed for me because she thought I might like it. You can add in a ton of photos, choose a background and create all kinds of collages. Not real high tech but it was kind of fun to mess with it while I was waiting for the girls at a practice one afternoon. A fun thing about this app is that it looks like you can send the collage as a postcard to anywhere in the world. Instant Christmas cards this year, maybe so?? What I liked about this collage for my Project Life is that it prints as a single photo with no layers involved. That's important when you want to keep the bulk down in your albums. I just added some typed journaling on a Project Life grid card. The title on the background was created within the app.
Here I used an Elle's Studio journaling card to add some typed journaling. I also reached for a chipboard circle that I adhered to my 4 x 6 insert with Washi tape. An easy way to adhere dimensional accents. I added a #4 sticker to the top of my Washi. You'll notice that I used #'s this week as a source of repetition. I'll point those out on the other inserts. Something about #'s that seem to make you want to read more.
Lately I've been adding 3 x 4 photos to the journaling insert slots. This means that it takes away that journaling area for the corresponding 4 x 6 photo slot. I've remedied this by adding only 1 small photo to the 4 x 6 slot and then use the other half for journaling. Here I used a grid sack from my shop with a large manila parcel tag inserted into the sack for journaling. Then I had room to add yet another photo on top of the sack.
Here you can see the tag insert that I still need to add journaling to. I added date stamp, some washi tape and some stitching to the tag. I did have to trim down the sack so I just stitched the bottom shut. I also trimmed the large manila tag. I'll definitely be using this idea more so that I can scrunch in as many photos and details as possible.
Here I used a die cut that was stamped with Studio Calico stamps. I used Papertrey numbers....again with the numbers....on the insert that shows it's my 43rd birthday on this day. I stitched right over the numbers with my sewing machine.
And here are my 3 x 4 inserts. On the very left I have my Week in Review slot. I stamped a typewriter then added MME paper and Washi tape. I still love using my Bic Markits to do some larger hand journaling. On the right I used a smile stamp from Studio Calico, an arrow that comes with the Project Life core kits, washi tape, and a Studio Calico wood veneer camera. This insert coordinates with the photos of the girls at the orthodontist.
Here I have a photo of a large poster at school that shows track records for the school. You'll be surprised at how much small detail you can add without adding in big inserts. On the right I have an Instagram of Rosie, my red bicycle.
On the left here I have another Instagram of some new/old porch pillows I scored at the thrift shop. On the right I have a photo that shows the day my new/old lockers came home. The unit was parked right where my husband parks so I made a little sidewalk chalk love. And a peace sign in the shadow. :)
More photos from the week....the last time the girls rode the bus, knowing that next year Josey will be driving both of them to school. And a photo of Charlie at 8 months old. I used a # again on top of some Washi tape.
And there's another week down in the books. I seem to continually be about 3-4 weeks behind on my album but I'm perfectly okay with that. I've been using my calendar to document the photos and details so it's all there waiting for me. I'm looking forward to going back and printing off the photos I want to add as inserts. I've made sticky notes and keep them with the corresponding week so it should be an easy task when I get time.

Thanks for stopping by! We've got a ball tournament all weekend long...but I really look forward to getting back into my craft room to purge, reorganize and bring in some of my new auction finds. I'll be blogging about that fun night soon!

5 comments:

Marty said...

I love reading your Project Life posts! so inspiring, and a wealth of ideas.

candyk said...

Thanks for all the great ideas, using so many different products.
I see removal of 8 wisdom teeth in your future!!

kris with a k said...

I love the type written journaling! really need to find a type writer!

kerry said...

Once again a fantastic pl post! Thanks for the tip on the pic collage app, love it and will be using it lots in my project life!

kerry said...

Once again a fantastic pl post! Thanks for the tip on the pic collage app, love it and will be using it lots in my project life!

Related Posts with Thumbnails