October 4, 2012

October Afternoon Sketch Challenge

Hey there friends.  Today I've got two blog posts happening.  This is my first post for the day so be sure to scroll up to the top of my blog to catch my Project Life blog hop post.  

Today I'm joining in on a sketch challenge with Roree.  You can see her sketch and finished project over at the October Afternoon blog along with the Pinterest photo that inspired her challenge.  Roree's sketch reminded me of an idea I've been wanting to implement for a long time so the timing was perfect.  I've been wanting to make mini collages that I could plop right on a card front for quick and easy cards.  

I used the sketch to create these three pieces below.  All of my products are from the OA 9 to 5 collection, one of my all time favorites from October Afternoon.  I used a piece of patterned paper for the base and then added journaling cards, my own Instagrams of my vintage typewriter, brads and other little tidbits. I just kept layering and stitching items in place.  I also used some of the 9 to 5 stamps on the card fronts.  
Here's my three finished cards, all with a fun office themed look.  I simply added my finished collages then added Washi tape and stitched on a strip of OA patterned paper to the bottom of the cards.  
The cards are loaded with detail like the mini paper clips from my stash, machine stitching, little tidbits and more.  
 The Washi tape at the top of the card fronts followed the sketch perfectly.
 The brads give a great dimension to the cards and become the accent piece where the butterfly is on Roree's sketch.
 Lots of little stickers and tidbits + some stamping finish off the cards where the journaling is on Roree's sketch.
 A fun sketch which sparked a idea that has been brewing for a while.  Thank you Roree for having me play along.  I hope all of you give it a try!

4 comments:

deb duty said...

These are wonderful! I love that line too. Actually I love everything OA does. So exciting that you're on their team!

Unknown said...

OA is amazing! You are the perfect fit for them! I also have to say that I LOVE that typewriter instagram!! :)

reneecorps said...

You are so creative! Great cards, I think I might be able to make these!!

Unknown said...

Love these cards and I love that you take several pictures and walk through the process with us.
I tell ya, Michelle and OA is a perfect pairing. OA is one of my favorite companies, I have all their paper lines and I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the Christmas line this year. I too am going to use that line for my December Daily. So excited to see your future posts. Have a good weekend--Diana F.

Related Posts with Thumbnails