November 11, 2012

Holiday October Afternoon Kit + Shopping + Cards...

Hey everyone, hope you're having a great weekend.  We woke up to freezing temperatures and lots of rain.  We were hoping for some snow but all we got was rain and a little slushy.  And cold, did I say that?  It's a good day to get crafty, read a book by the fire and later on the family is coming over for some homemade Chili and Mom's famous Maple Nut Rolls.  

Just wanted to give you a head's up on this awesome kit from October Afternoon.  It's the Very Merry December Mini-Book Kit and it's loaded with all sorts of holiday goodness.  You can see more of the kit and order directly from the October Afternoon website right here.  The stamp set and exclusive items are so fantastic, I can't wait to have it all in my hands.  If you're looking for items to fill your December Daily or Project Life pages, this would be a great addition to your stash.  I'm planning on adding some book pages to my DD/PL album....into separate page protectors as inserts...or maybe add a page to a bigger 8.5 x 11 page for a traditional type layout.  
 While I'm doing a little shopping enabling, at 2Peas you can create your own Christmas Album Kit with any items you like.  Just add $50 or more to your, enter the code at check out and you get 25% off your items.  Look for the code in the banner at the top of the website page. This is awesome!

If you're looking for ideas on holiday product picks and how to organize it all, I've got a fun post here. And this post shows how I plan to combine my Daily December and Project Life pages this year.   
 And just for fun I have a few cards to share today.  I used some October Afternoon products that will in the Make it Merry collection coming out soon.
 I never quite had ideas of how to use the cassette tape pieces included with the Doo-Dads package.  I decided to tie them up with some red and white baker's twine and create some cards that the girls can give to friends or perhaps Jordan's guitar instructor.
I paired the cassette embellishment with the "you rock" sentiment from this month's Studio Calico Sock Hop Card Kit.  A perfect match.  I also added some old sheet music from my stash + rhinestones from the card kit for a little bling.  And the green arrow Washi tape.  Love it, it's going right into my holiday box of supplies.  The medium parcel tags from my shop have made their way onto lots of cards lately.  They just seem to make the perfect starting layer for stamping, stitching and lots of layers.  Papers are from October Afternoon(red dot) and Studio Calico(green knit pattern).
Hope you enjoy!  I'm off to get cozy and sample that Chili.  Tomorrow I'll be back with some Project Life posts that I've been catching up on.  Then all this week I'll be sharing fun posts about my Project December pages.  See you soon.

4 comments:

paperkraftD said...

Cute cards -- TFS

perelka111 said...

very nice card")))

Lisa said...

Really cute cards! You used the cassette die-cut perfectly!!

Unknown said...

Liked the casette with you rock. I have to expand on that idea....

Related Posts with Thumbnails