July 26, 2013

Project Life 2013...Week 21

Hey there.  Today I'm sharing Week 21 of my Project Life 2013.  As I'm getting caught up with my album I thought it would be fun to share a photo of my weekly sketch.  I've created a new organizing system that has helped me immensely in keeping track of photos, collected items, weekly events and more.  I'll be sharing my entire system soon in hopes that it might be helpful for you too. 

So here's this week's sketch & photos.  I have the photos all printed and ready to go....

I have 2 inserts this week.  One is shown below and another is the Summer Bucket List page I did in this post.  
Here's the two page spread without the inserts. 
The left page.  This was the first week of Summer so I loved using the little mason jar glass with the Summer theme.  
There was lots of everyday type photos, just life around the homestead. The Moore, Oklahoma tornado was big in the news and I'm always freakishly aware of the weather.  So that made my pages this week too. 
The main dated insert used most Simple Story elements from the July Gossamer Blue kits.  I added in some of the chalkboard stickers with white gel pen details, brads, stickers and enamel dots. 
 A few photos from around the yard. If you write very slow the white gel pen works great on photos.
 A journaling card noting the first day of Summer vacation for the girls.
 New kittens and a fun twist on a Week in Review card.  I changed things up and added this to the right page of my spread. Instead of writing on every photo I just listed my events in a list format with the cute ampersand puffy stickers.
 Here I had some events with multiple, small photos.  I stitched vellum strips to my journaling cards to create bands that my photos could slip behind.  I used labels from my shop with typewriter journaling and my date stamp.
This is an 8.5 x 11 horizontal insert of Josey's State Track Meet.  I captured a few fun photos and included her number that she wore while running.  
 I used a journaling card that I had in my stash to type my journaling for this page.  I added brads and arrows.
This is the back of the insert which features all of the kids that made it to State from our high school. I loved this shot of the kids so I enlarged the photo and included all the kids' names.  
 I used another 3 x 4 journaling card for typed journaling.
 Here's a shot of the inserts in between this week's regular pages.  I always try to keep my inserts smaller than 12 x 12.  This way I can see the main inserts and know that everything in between is extra stuff that went on this week.
Hope you're enjoying my Project Life pages.  Would love your feedback about what you like to read when browsing Project Life posts.  Do you like lots of photos, less photos, etc.  Thanks to all of you who leave comments here regularly.  I so appreciate the time you take to leave a comment...something I definitely need to get better about myself.  

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, be still my heart! Please hurry and post about your organization and where I can find that cute little binder/organizer. I need help with the PL process. Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

Jenny said...

I absolutely love all of your detailed pictures about PL. They really are what keep me inspired and what brought me to your site in the first place! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see all about the organization.

Debbie said...

Michelle....DON'T change a thing in the way you post!!!
YOU ARE SO INSPIRING!!!
THANK-YOU SO MUCH!!

Debbie said...

Michelle....DON'T change a thing in the way you post!!!
YOU ARE SO INSPIRING!!!
THANK-YOU SO MUCH!!

Carol said...

I haven't commented before but read your blog regularly & just love what you post & how you do it. I gain so much inspiration from them. I have even started a planner for my pages similar to you & its a great help especially now that I am way behind. Everything is there waiting to be included. Thanks for all your tips. Please don't change :-) anything.

KakesNZ said...

I love the information you post and your PL pages :)

TenSGal said...

I'm not a regular commenter but I will try to do better! :)
I love all the photos and closeups. Your pages are amazing and I love looking at the detail.

Susan

Tina Campbell said...

Cool spread this week. Thanks for seeing your way of organizing, mine is bit freeform I pull out the pics of that week and just put them on the page and go from there. Love your idea of adding more pictures and a fab use of vellum. Your post are fantastic to read

Shannon said...

I love your organization planner pages!
Any chance you are going to post them here to share? :)

lisa westphal said...

So bright, and fun!! Love reading your posts...you have a way of making me feel like I'm actually there. Love it! -PS Your inserts are awesome..and the vellum strips holding back the little stack of pics on those card= *spectacular*!!! AWESOME job, Michelle!!

Heidi said...

Michelle this is awesome. I have not started PJ but love looking at your work. It has such great detail and I love how you write out what you did. Before today I didn't know what an insert was. I figured out using photosheet how to print photos so I am anxious to get started but I want to have enough photos to do a couple of events. Mine will not be by week most likely as I do not photograph that often and o more of events. Now I just need to decide Simple Stories or Becky Higgins or self made cards.

Denise E said...

As always, I love reading your posts about PL (and everything else too!). I am very far behind this year, but love hearing how you're keeping up (& catching up!), seeing your great ideas about organization (can't wait for your new post about your new system!!), and seeing how you incorporate multiple photos (awesome idea with vellum band and also flip page attached). I just love your posts and always look forward to reading and seeing it all...imho, the more photos the better! Thanks again for your continued inspiration to all of us out here in blogland! =o)

Denise E said...

As always, I love reading your posts about PL (and everything else too!). I am very far behind this year, but love hearing how you're keeping up (& catching up!), seeing your great ideas about organization (can't wait for your new post about your new system!!), and seeing how you incorporate multiple photos (awesome idea with vellum band and also flip page attached). I just love your posts and always look forward to reading and seeing it all...imho, the more photos the better! Thanks again for your continued inspiration to all of us out here in blogland! =o)

Belle à cropper said...

Hi there ! haven't gotten the chance to read all your posts on the subjects, but do you always use the same dividers for your PL ? I mean what you put your photos in ? I'm thinking of starting and I thought it might be easier to use the same for each week,

thanks ! love what you do !

Suzy Girl said...

I skipped doing PL this year and will start up in Jan again. I always get inspired by your ideas and love how creative you are with putting together each little card. The vellum strip idea was one I will steal from you to. You inspire me to get more creative with my PL for sure. Can't wait to see what you do for Halloween cards this year also.

Thanks again for all your inspiring ideas Michelle!

Shawninaz said...

I love all of the photos that you include in your PL. you never fail to inspire me!

Shawninaz said...

I love all of the photos that you include in your PL. you never fail to inspire me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails