November 5, 2013

November Gossamer Blue...floral cards

Today I'm back to share some cards I made using mostly items from the Gossamer Blue November Add-on Kit #2.  When I first opened this kit I spied some great papers and embellishments that I knew I wanted to use for cards.  Tis the season for me to stock up on cards that I plan to use as gifts.  

So first, I set out my base card and started laying on the embellishments and some journaling cards(from various kits).  I was particularly excited to see how the Dear Lizzy fabric corners would work out.  
In no time I had four cards ready to tuck into my card stash basket.  
This pair of cards took on the pink theme with lots of floral accents like the gold resin flower and the rose die cut.  For each of my cards today I used the fun sticky notes from the November Life Pages Main Add-on.  I also used small strips of Washi tape from the November 2013 Main Kit. I love that little pop of yellow on each card.
For my card sentiments, I've been using my typewriter lately instead of stamps.  I just adhered all of my sticky notes onto a scrap piece of paper using washi tape then ran that sheet through my typewriter.
I love the layering on this card, using the round sticky note.  This is the fun part about using scrapbooking kits for cards...you can just dig around until you find just the right accents to use.  I also used gold stitching on all of my cards and it looks sooo pretty.
Here's a set of blue themed cards using butterfly embellishments.
This is my favorite card of the bunch featuring the die cut butterfly that was layered with a sticky note banner and some of the gold thread that I pulled from my sewing machine.  The sticky note label was typed on just like my previous cards.  I'm loving how the fabric corners look also.  Such a fun touch to add to cards...I need more.
This card has a clear butterfly added with some gold string and a small staple.  Again, I used gold thread to highlight the gold accents on my card. Another thing I've been using on my cards lately is a trio of little sequins or enamel dots around a dimensional accent like the gold resin flower.  I have tons of these little gems in my stash so it's a good way to use them up.  I love the little cluster it creates.
I hope you enjoyed my cards today.  Do you give cards as gifts?  It's a great gift for friends, neighbors, family and even co-workers, secretaries and teachers.  I'd love to hear how you package them up too.  :)

5 comments:

Pam said...

Love Love Love these cards !

Got my order the other day. LOVE That too ! Can't wait to get started on my Christmas projects now.

TenSGal said...

Beautiful cards! I love that delicate "you". Is that a pre done die cut or did you cut it out with a die or die cut machine.

These are just so lovely! If I made them they would go in my "never to be sent or used" stash! LOL!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards! Love the touches of gold and the typed sentiments too! :).

Unknown said...

Yah, Mish cards!!! I get so excited when I see you posting cards. You are so creative in putting patterns and colors together, it feeds my creative soul:) Thank you for taking the time to walk us through your process and point out elements to use. Love your blog.

Unknown said...

Love, love these cards, and so happy you are posting some cards for us. You are so creative and very generous to share your talent and taking the time to post the great pictures and walk us through your thought process. It is always a good day in my opinion when you have a new post on your blog. Thank you Michelle!-- Diana F.

Related Posts with Thumbnails