March 18, 2014

Card from inspiration photo + altering patterned paper with watercolor paint

Yesterday I shared an inspiration photo from my March Pinterest Board: Going Green.  
I also shared this color kit that I created for a class assignment for the Color Studio class at Studio Calico.
Today I'm sharing a card I created with my kit contents.  I started with this beautiful patterned paper that you see with the white background below.  I had fun altering the look of the paper with some simple watercolor paints.  If you look at my inspiration photo by the aqua flower you'll see a pillow with yellow flowers and a blue background.  That's the look I was trying for with my patterned paper.  I love the results. 
I trimmed off some of that beautiful paper and created a thank you card for a dear friend who stayed with us the entire day in the emergency room the day of the girls' accident.  
I used lots of items from my color kit you see at the beginning of this post.  I also added a Medium Manila Parcel Tag and some stamps.  The thank you is from a Studio Calico kit and the other is from a Papertrey Ink set..Signature Greetings, I believe. Dainty Doilies can be found here.
During difficult times you sure find out who your true friends are.  It's only fitting to let those dear people know just how much they mean to you.  A simple card with a handwritten note is such a nice gesture.  I've got lots of cards to send out which means my family is so blessed with good friends.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Dorothy C. said...

This is a beautiful card. Love your watercoloring technique. Also very happy to hear the 'reds' are healing. God Bless.

Unknown said...

I'm so very glad your daughters are OK and that you have good friends who were able to stay with you so you weren't alone during a very scary time in your life. You're very thoughtful for making a beautiful card to show your thanks. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails